Wednesday 16 September 2015

Stop Apologising

... For the things you never done - according to The Jam and Paul Weller. (A Town Called Malice)

Have you? Do you, as I did just yesterday, find yourself saying sorry when it's not your fault?

I was trying to tender an apology for the poor connection we had in a telephone call. It was not my doing, and it wasn't something I could fix. I then exclaimed that I wasn't sorry simply because it had nothing to do with me. I suddenly felt a lot better.

Just stop it. You already have enough responsibility going on, don't add to that by picking up and owning stuff that simply isn't yours.

And finally on this topic... Apologies in advance for any offence here...

NEVER say sorry for something you haven't done yet. There'll be plenty of time for that later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment