Friday 18 September 2015

You cannot get there from here!

Is a phrase you might hear in Ireland if you were asking for directions.

I'm wondering if you've ever told yourself. I'm wondering if you've ever told yourself and not realised you have, because I did. It was only when I woke up to the fact that it had happened that I was able to do something about it.

Simply accepting it meant I was stuck, even though I was struggling, there was no escape.

Accepting I had accepted it gave me a chance to ask a different question, one where if it were true that I couldn't get to where I wanted to go from where I was, where did I need to be instead?

Somewhere else! This applies as much to a mind-state as it does to a physical place.

If there's no direct flight to your destination, you add a stop, or two.

Now that you're thinking about it (you already knew it but weren't thinking about it before) where are you going to go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment